A special three-day filing period will be held Wednesday, June 2 through Friday, June 4 to allow citizens to run for elected office for positions without candidates. Open positions include:
- School Board Director, Tenino School District No. 402, Director District No. 4
- Park Commissioner, Tanglewilde Parks & Recreation, District No. 1, Positions No. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
These positions have no filing fee.
When to File:
- Online: Begins at 9:00 a.m. Wednesday, June 2 and closes promptly at 4:00 p.m. Friday, June 4 at ThurstonVotes.org
- By fax/email: Begins at 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, June 2 and closes promptly at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 4 fax 360.754.4591 or email elections@co.
- In person/Drive-Thru: Begins at 8:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. daily Wednesday, June 2 through Friday, June 4 at the Auditor’s Elections Office at 2400 Evergreen Park Dr SW, Olympia, WA 98502
- By Mail: Open now. Thurston County Auditor, 2000 Lakeridge Dr SW, Olympia, WA 98502
All candidate filings must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 4.
The order of candidates for these positions will be determined by random lot draw as required by RCW 29A.36.131. The random lot draw will be held shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 4. The drawing will be held at the Elections Office on Evergreen Park Drive and will stream live via Facebook Live. Visit facebook.com/
“This special three-day filing period is a second chance for citizens to run for these open elected offices,” said Mary Hall, Thurston County Auditor. “These local elected positions are important. People have another opportunity to make a difference in their community.”