A special three-day filing period will be held Wednesday, June 2 through Friday, June 4 to allow citizens to run for elected office for positions without candidates. Open positions include:
- School Board Director, Tenino School District No. 402, Director District No. 4
- Park Commissioner, Tanglewilde Parks & Recreation, District No. 1, Positions No. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
These positions have no filing fee.
When to File:
- Online: Begins at 9:00 a.m. Wednesday, June 2 and closes promptly at 4:00 p.m. Friday, June 4 at ThurstonVotes.org
- By fax/email: Begins at 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, June 2 and closes promptly at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 4 fax 360.754.4591 or email elections@co.
- In person/Drive-Thru: Begins at 8:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. daily Wednesday, June 2 through Friday, June 4 at the Auditor’s Elections Office at 2400 Evergreen Park Dr SW, Olympia, WA 98502
- By Mail: Open now. Thurston County Auditor, 2000 Lakeridge Dr SW, Olympia, WA 98502
All candidate filings must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 4.
The order of candidates for these positions will be determined by random lot draw as required by RCW 29A.36.131. The random lot draw will be held shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 4. The drawing will be held at the Elections Office on Evergreen Park Drive and will stream live via Facebook Live. Visit facebook.com/
“This special three-day filing period is a second chance for citizens to run for these open elected offices,” said Mary Hall, Thurston County Auditor. “These local elected positions are important. People have another opportunity to make a difference in their community.”
Picture your ad here!
Both rectangle and banner ad spaces are available for members. Download our sizes and pricing sheet for more information by clicking the button below.