Need a fun Spring Break activity? Check out Math for Life 2023!
Math for Life’s goal is to promote real-life math skills through a program that connects the business community and education. Go on a scavenger hunt to local businesses in our region and find out how they use math! Out of town for the week of spring break? You still have a chance to win, Math for Life runs from March 25th through April 19, 2023.
Students who participate from Griffin, Olympia, North Thurston, Rainier, Rochester, Tenino, Tumwater and Yelm School Districts and some private schools have an opportunity to win fun prizes!
Download the Math For Life Storyboard
To help your student know that to expect as you are visiting business locations, check out our storyboard with pictures and a walkthrough of the activities created by Sensory Tool House.
Opportunities for Educators Businesses and Sponsorship
Educators are encouraged to get involved along with their students! Businesses are also encouraged to participate by registering their business as a stop for students and parents. Sponsorship opportunities are also available for this event.
Please review the information below that pertains to you and your interest below by clicking on the matching accordion.
Please encourage and share information with your students about the advantages of why math is so important in everyday life and please encourage student participation in Math for Life 2023.
Please return your maps through inter-district mail to the following schools:
- North Thurston Public Schools : Brad Hooper – NTPS District Office
- Olympia School District: Paula Perryman – Olympia School District Office
- Rochester School District: Justin Black – Rochester School District Office.
- Tumwater School District: Jodi Schaefer - Tumwater District Office
- Yelm Community Schools: Teri Pablo – Yelm District Office
Private schools and home schooled students can return their forms directly to Thurston County Chamber of Commerce – 809 Legion Way, Olympia WA 98579.
Register your business by clicking the link below
April is national “Math Awareness Month”
To celebrate and engage our students and community around real-life Math Applications, the Thurston County Chamber Education Committee is promoting our 12th Annual Math for Life event for students in Griffin, Olympia, North Thurston, Tumwater, Rochester, Yelm Community School Districts, as well as private schools in Thurston County. In 2022, we had over 1,000 students participate in this event!
Don’t miss out in on Math for Life! Join students, parents and businesses within our Community for Math for Life 2023.
What to expect as a business:
- Students and their parents visiting your business
- You will receive a Math for Life binder with math questions and answers
- Sign-off on the student’s form so they can win prizes
Why Businesses Participate
As stated from a frequent participant, “I’ve been doing Math for Life from the beginning because:
- It’s great fun!
- It really helps the kids understand that ‘Math is a life skill – not just an academic subject.”
- It’s GREAT for business: Many parents ‘discover’ Cabinets by Trivonna. They come back when they need a new Kitchen” -Ross Irwin, Cabinets by Trivonna.
Picture your ad here!
Both rectangle and banner ad spaces are available for members. Download our sizes and pricing sheet for more information by clicking the button below.