The YWCA of Olympia is pleased to announce a NEW nomination category for their 20th Annual Women of Achievement Celebration. The agency welcomes nominations from the community in support of businesses who exemplify the YWCA of Olympia mission: To empower women and eliminate racism through education, advocacy, service and leadership opportunities. Nominations can be for both public and private businesses located in Thurston County and encourage nominations of businesses both large and small. Businesses will be considered based on one or more, but not limited to, the following factors:
- Employing family friendly policies (flexible scheduling, breastfeeding, paid leave, etc.
- Their dedication to the social, economic and professional advancement of women
- Their commitment to providing opportunities that help women achieve their potential
- Their commitment to addressing workplace racial and/or gender discrimination
How to nominate a Business of Achievement:
- Complete the form online at www.ywcaofolympia.org, under News or Events
- Complete the form in Word by sending a request to email@example.com and returning electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The form is also available in PDF.
- Complete the form in Word and mail to Business of Achievement Selection Committee, 220 Union Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98501
Deadline: Thursday, September 4th at 5:00 pm.
Selection: An independent and confidential committee will select the winners. Honorees will be notified on or around Tuesday, September 9th.
The Business of Achievement will be formally announced to the community in September. The 20th Annual Women of Achievement Gala will take place on Thursday, November 6th from 5:30pm – 9:00pm at the Red Lion Hotel Forest Ballroom. The event is open to the public and tickets will be available by contacting the YWCA of Olympia at 352-0593 or online at www.ywcaofolympia.org. Once again Titus-Will has stepped up as the WOA Presenting Sponsor with WSECU and Lucky Eagle for serving as our Sustaining Sponsors.
For more information about the Women of Achievement Celebration Gala, contact Cherie Reeves Sperr, Special Events & Communications Director at 352-0593 or email@example.com.