Holiday lights, over a mile of garland, snow, Nutcracker selfie sets and MORE!
Busy elves throughout Olympia are preparing for the Annual ‘Downtown for the Holidays’, presented by WSECU. Traditionally, the kickoff for our holiday season takes place the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Given the pandemic, the traditional kickoff events will not take place, but our holiday season will commence with Small Business Saturday on November 28 through the end of December.
“This year, we’re excited to offer a month of holiday fun for friends and family to enjoy and while we’ll miss the Jingle Bell Parade and visits with Santa, we’re busy decorating Downtown Olympia for the holidays. Our hope is that everyone can enjoy visiting Downtown Olympia all season long at their own pace,” said Todd Cutts, Executive Director of the Olympia Downtown Alliance.
What’s on the docket this year? Event organizers are planning the following:
- Holiday lighting and decorations throughout Downtown, including over a mile of garland decorating storefronts!
- Twinklefest – Take a self-guided tour through decorated downtown storefronts using an interactive map! Visit olytwinklefest.net for more information. November 27 through January 2, 2021.
- Don’t miss the “Winter Wonderland” window display at 4th & Capitol! The display was fabricated by community youth coordinated by Olympia Artspace Alliance and sponsored by Olympia Federal Savings.
- Enjoy snow falling outside The Washington Center and Harlequin’s State Theater November 28 through December 20, Saturday and Sundays only, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- We’re setting out Nutcracker-Themed Selfie Scenes for Holiday Cards with your Family & Friends including Land of Sweets at the Washington Center, a Gingerbread House at 5th and Capitol and Winter Wonderland at Legion and Capitol.
- Enjoy 12 days of Complimentary Parking Downtown from December 12 – 24 courtesy of the City of Olympia.
- Free Cocoa* compliments of Batdorf & Bronson Coffeehouse & Dancing Goats Espresso Bar November 28 – December 20, Saturday & Sunday only from 1 – 3 p.m. when presenting the LoveOly Passport.
- Complimentary Gift Wrapping* at the Washington Center and Harlequin’s State Theater November 28 – December 20, Saturdays & Sundays only, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. with proof of purchase from a downtown merchant.
- Back by popular demand: LoveOly Holiday Edition, Shop & Dine Promotion, November 28 – December 24! Download the passport on the Olympia Downtown Alliance website or get one when you visit any participating shop or restaurant and start shopping and dining! Every time you make a $10 or more purchase you’ll receive a sticker on your passport. Get 5 stickers and turn in your passport for your choice of swag including a mug, beanie or mask!
WHAT: Downtown for the Holidays
WHEN: Saturday, November 28 through Thursday, December 2020.
WHO: Produced by Olympia Downtown Alliance
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Brit Kramer, Event Partner at (360) 481-5010 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Olympia Downtown Alliance, contact Todd Cutts, (360) 357-8948 or email@example.com
SPONSORED BY: WSECU
Photo taken by Poppi Photography courtesy of the Olympia Downtown Alliance Compass Rose