April is national “Math Awareness Month.” To celebrate and engage students and community around real-life Math Applications, the Thurston County Chamber Business & Education Committee is announcing our 10th annual “Math for Life” VIRTUAL event for students in Griffin, Olympia, North Thurston, Tumwater, and Yelm school districts. In 2019, we had over 1,000 students participate!
Mark your calendar for Math for Life 2021, April 5, 2021 – April 18, 2021.
Wondering how to participate?
- Students in K-12 are eligible to participate.
- Parents will register for their student(s)
- Students will then have access to their own Math for Life virtual event.
- Visit at least 5 of the local businesses listed on the virtual Math for Life Platform.
- Tell your teacher you participated in Math for Life, and you will be entered to win prizes and possibly a Kindle Fire Tablet!
Math for Life’s goal is to promote real-life math skills through a program that connects the business community and education. Go on a virtual scavenger hunt to local businesses in our region and answer real-life math questions! Math for Life runs from April 5 – April 18, 2021.
Students who participate from Griffin, Olympia, North Thurston, and Tumwater School Districts and some private schools have an opportunity to win great Prizes. One grand prize winner will be selected from Griffin, Olympia, North Thurston, and Tumwater school districts to win a Kindle Fire!
Please make sure to let your teacher know you participated in the virtual event by April 18 to receive your prize.