Olympia Career Hub
Olympia Career Hub
Welcome to the Olympia Career Hub
The Olympia Career Hub is a free resource for individuals who want to expand their professional skills and knowledge. Whether you are beginning a new career or are well established, the Olympia Career Hub wants to help you level up.
Who can participate?
Career Hub Events
Improve your skills to strengthen your resume!
All events are presented by Hired Workforce Solutions, a division of the Thurston County Chamber of Commerce, and funded by the City of Olympia. If you are within the qualified area, all events are free to attend for career builders and employers.
What events do we offer?
Career Map Meetups
A weekly career exploration and networking event. Learn from peers and professionals currently in a career you are interested in. All ages and experience levels are welcome.
Short-term certificate trainings
- Construction Cohort: This 4-week long program is a registered pre-apprenticeship. Learn the technical skills needed for an entry level construction opportunity through a mix of hands-on training and classroom instruction. Students will earn OSHA-10 safety, forklift, and flagger certifications.
- Customer Service Cohort: This weeklong course will teach students the tools needed to excel in a wide variety of customer service opportunities.
- Earn multiple industry recognized certificates to show employers your communication skills are on the next level.
The Olympia Career Hub is also your direct connection to employment. Each training cohort will conclude with a hiring event. These events will focus on specific industries and include local employers who are looking for the skills taught in each training program.
The Olympia Career Hub is not just for Career Builders…
Employers can also benefit from our services!
- The Olympia Career Hub also provides employer specific resources that are free to businesses located in Thurston County
- Career Map Meetups are the perfect place to market yourself as an employer to a live audience while expanding your network of possible employees
Develop your current staff with our events!
- Unlocking the Hidden Talent Pipeline: 2-hour workshop for Business Owners, Human Resources, and Hiring Managers. Learn about resources that will help your business hire justice impacted career builders and other qualified categories of career builders with confidence.
- Strengths Finder: 1-day workshop that helps current employees learn how to identify and leverage the strengths of their team members in the workplace. This workshop is a great leadership building exercise, we encourage employers to enroll current staff.
- Hiring Events: Instead of a broad invite to the general public, the Olympia Career Hub’s hiring events are directly tied to our certificate trainings. These events will focus on specific industries that will benefit from the skills and certifications each candidate obtained.
If you have questions, email Micah Pong, Project Manager, at email@example.com or call the Thurston Chamber (360) 357-3362