Planet Fitness, one of the largest and fastest-growing global franchisors and operators of fitness centers with more members than any other fitness brand, reopened its Washington State locations on Monday, Jan. 11.
As an industry leader, the health and safety of Planet Fitness’ members and team members is a top priority. In preparation for reopening clubs and welcoming members back to the Judgement Free Zone® in a safe and responsible way, Planet Fitness is leading the way in ensuring fitness centers are safe by encouraging employees and members to be Cleansiderate™ and practice Social Fitness™.
New and returning members alike will see first-hand the enhanced safety and sanitization protocols at its well-ventilated and spacious clubs, such as:
- All team members will have completed extensive training related to our enhanced cleanliness and sanitization policies and procedures.
- Team members will receive daily temperature checks when they arrive to work each day.
- Increased, thorough cleaning will be conducted using disinfectant on the EPA list effective against COVID-19, including 20-minute walk arounds by our team to continually clean and sanitize high-touch areas.
- Increased sanitization stations will be available throughout the gym floor and members will continue to be asked to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Touchless check-in is available via the free Planet Fitness app. Simply download the app in advance and scan in at the front desk.
- A crowd meter on the Planet Fitness mobile app that allows members to check the club capacity in real-time before leaving the house.
- Some pieces of cardio equipment will be temporarily marked out of use to enable Social Fitnessing™ and create additional 6 feet of distance between members.
- New signage will be placed throughout the club that highlights sanitization and Social Fitnessing™ guidelines.
Additional Washington State mandates
- Members must wear facial coverings at all times, even while exercising.
- Members must use the hand sanitizing stations located throughout the Club after using each piece of equipment and upon completing their fitness routine.
- Members must remain 6 feet apart while engaged in physical activity.
- Locker rooms are open, but shower areas must remain closed.
- Maximum occupancy allowed: 1 person per 500 square feet.