The season’s short, wet days make pedestrians and bicyclists less visible to drivers. To help you be safe and be seen, Intercity Transit is providing free, reflective-safety lights this December when you buy your monthly pass at the Olympia Transit Center.
Your safety is a top priority at Intercity Transit. Reflective clothing and lights can help make you more visible. Help ensure your safety by using:
- Waiting at a bus stop: Use a flashlight, light up your cell phone, or wear a flashing safety light to ensure that our drivers can see you.
- Bicycling: State law requires the use of a white headlamp and a red rear reflector or taillight when it’s dark.
- Walking or running: Wear a headlamp, carry a flashlight, or wear flashing safety lights.
Flashing lights appear brighter and draw attention faster than steady lights. Add them to shoes, backpacks, coats or jacket sleeves, purse straps and anywhere else you can think of.
Reflective clothing and gear:
- Jackets, vests, caps, gloves and more with reflective features are great options to increase your visibility.
- Reflective tape or bands are inexpensive options that can be added to outfits, backpacks umbrellas and more.
- Highly-visible umbrellas help you stand out (and keep you dry).
- Reflective backpack covers help keep contents dry and make you more visible.
Safety lights will be available free with the purchase of a monthly bus pass at the Olympia Transit Center during December while supplies last. After December, safety lights may be purchased for $2.00.