Intercity Transit launched the “Road Trip” to engage our growing communities in a conversation about the future of transportation in and around Thurston County.
Our population is growing and our region and communities are changing. We are looking forward together, and want to consider how these changes will transform our community, including Intercity Transit services.
During June we are holding open houses throughout our service area to learn more about your priorities and preferences for public transportation. As part of our “Road Trip” efforts, we’d like to know:
- Which services or features are most important to maintain?
- How can we make public transit more convenient to use?
- What additional approaches or offerings should we consider in the future?
Our goal, with your help, is to have a public transportation system that meets local needs. We need your advice and creative ideas to ensure our services are effective, efficient, and sustainable for years to come. Think big-picture and let us know how we can help you get where you are going — no matter where you’re headed or how you plan to get there.
Open House Dates & Locations
• Lacey – June 12, 4:30 – 6 pm, Lacey Timberland Library, 500 College St. SE
• Tumwater – June 14, 4:30 – 6 pm, Tumwater Timberland Library, 7023 New Market St.
• Olympia – June 15, 12 – 1:30 pm, Olympia Community Center (Rm 100), 222 Columbia St. NW
• Olympia – June 15, 5:30 – 7 pm, Olympia Timberland Library, 313 8th Ave SE
• Yelm – June 20, 4:30 – 6 pm, Yelm Community Center, 301 2nd St. SE
If you are unable to attend an Open House, please join the discussion online at ITRoadTrip.net to learn more about the project and complete a brief online survey.
For more information, contact Ally McPherson, Marketing & Communications Representative
firstname.lastname@example.org • 360-705-5836
Better transportation takes planning. Let’s talk!
Intercity Transit staff will be on-hand to answer questions, listen to your suggestions, and collect those ideas!