The Art & Science Behind Craft Brews
Friday, Jan. 23, 2015
$25 – includes 12 tastings plus a souvenir beer glass
BeerCraft is back! Join us at the museum for beer tasting, beer-themed science experiments, art projects and more. Learn about the brewing methods, flavors & science that make Washington brews so rad.
Lucky Eagle Casino is providing a variety of food options for purchase at BeerCraft:
- Pretzel sticks with stone ground mustard sauce
- Spicy shrimp taco
- Chicken caprese wrap
- Spicy Main Street Bar wings
- Main Street Bar churro fries
- Main Street Bar signature burger
- Fried pickles with Andalouse dipping sauce
- Just a taste of: Maple-glazed peanuts and bacon
Activities on tap:
- Meet Paul Knight, former Olympia Brewery brewmaster, and see some relics from the old brewery.
- Learn the science behind the suds and look for the differences between carbonated and nitrogenated beer.
- See if you can outsmart a preschool teacher and learn some classic bar tricks.
- Silk screen a souvenir t-shirt with GOLD ink.
- Meet the inventors behind Northwest Canning, explore their mobile cannery and learn what’s trending in the craft beer industry.
- Discover the link between skunked beer and UV light.
- Get the basics and test the gravity of your beer.
- Take a simple test to learn if you are genetically predisposed to loving IPAs.
- See 2,000 unique bottle caps from around the world & create your own work of art.
- Get up close and personal with microorganisms responsible for our favorite beers.
For more information visit http://www.hocm.org/adultswim/