The Thurston Economic Development Council (EDC) is opening its doors to highlight the Thurston Community Economic Alliance (TCEA) at the Center for Business & Innovation on February 7, 2018. This Open House is an opportunity to have your voice heard by the TCEA leadership and help shape economic development planning for Thurston County.
The Thurston EDC is working with over 100 community partners to implement the first ever Thurston economic development strategic plan. This plan will provide a community-led, community-wide framework for creating economic prosperity in Thurston County.
What is the TCEA?
The TCEA has created an economic development partnership, which leverages broad-based, county-wide public and private partnership to:
- Coordinate economic development activities
- Identify goals to attract investment
- And develop a long term strategy to support and diversify the regional economy
No such plan has existed before in our community. Leaders representing local government, non-profits, educational institutions and the greater Thurston business community have been participating in multiple strategy sessions and task forces. Such a coordinated effort will help identify common economic development goals, align community resources and clarify the actions and roles community partners take to build a resilient and vibrant economic base.
This Open House will provide an opportunity for those in attendance to network with the five focus groups leaders of the TCEA:
- Career pathways and workforce readiness, led by Cheryl Fambles, PacMtn Workforce Development
- Target industry growth and innovation, led by Kyle Wiese, Thurston Economic Development Council
- Small business and entrepreneurial resources, led by Celia Nightingale, Center for Business & Innovation
- Infrastructure, policy and funding coordination, led by David Schaffert, Thurston County Chamber of Commerce
- Brand development, partnership and communication, led by Shauna Stewart, Visitor & Convention Bureau
Please come engage the TCEA leaders, tour the Center for Business & Innovation and meet the Thurston EDC staff who work to build a strong and vibrant economy for Thurston County every day. Refreshments will be provided by Tart Cider and the South Puget Sound Community College Culinary Program.
Date: February 7, 2018
Location: Center for Business & Innovation
4220 6th Ave Lacey, WA 98503
See you there!