Thinking about hiring? We just made it more affordable!
The On-the-Job Training (OJT) scholarship is a unique opportunity for your businesses to hire and train new employees, your way, at a reduced cost. An OJT scholarship can offset your cost to bring on a new employee.
Here’s how: 50% of the wages are covered during training but in some cases it can be as high as 100%.
Other benefits of the OJT scholarship include:
- Applicants are pre-screened to meet your business needs
- You decide who to hire
- Training focuses on the specific skills you need
- Additional federal tax incentives may apply Ready to hire through the OJT Program?
Here are the steps to take:
Step One: We’ll assist you in finding applicants for your open positions, from entry level jobs to highly skilled positions. Many applicants come with strong educational backgrounds. The applicants are pre-screened and have undergone a through skills assessment. Our qualified staff carefully matches applicants to your job requirements.
Step Two: Prior to the advent of off-site training classrooms, the only practical way of learning a job was working alongside an experienced worker in a particular trade or profession. On-the-job training allows workers to acquire both general skills that they can transfer from one job to another and specific skills that are unique to a particular job. We’ll work with you to create an outstanding, individualized training program.
Step Three: It takes time and money to train a new employee, that’s why your training costs are reduced by receiving up to a 50 percent reimbursement of the employee’s wages during the specified training period.
Here is an example: Position: Pharmacy Technician Wage: $14.00 per hour Training Period: Three months or 520 hours Total Wage: $7,280 Reimbursement at 50%: $3,640
Step Four: Employers can also claim a tax credit on their federal taxes for each qualifying new hire. The amount of the tax credit is based on the amount of wages paid to each eligible worker. For more information on where to apply or get the application forms, visit: www.doleta.gov/wotc
You are never obligated to hire anyone we refer to you. Other points to consider:
- OJT arrangements involve minimal paperwork.
- Our staff is available for on-going consultation during the training period.
- Your business may be eligible to receive tax credits.
- We’ll work together to complete mid and final evaluations
- Please provide our staff with employee updates for one year
- After successful completion of the OJT period, it is anticipated that the trained applicant will remain on the job as a valuable employee Our Responsibility
- We’re here for you! We’ll work with you to develop and training plan and will provide assistance for duration of training
- We’ll track measurable outcomes
- We’ll conduct site visits
For more information, call 360.357.3362 and ask for Debbie Burk or email at email@example.com