The Olympia Tumwater Foundation is pleased to once again offer free, guided Riverwalk tours from August through mid-September. Join our local guide and historian on informative, 45-minute tours along the ½ mile of gentle, shaded trails offering cascading waterfalls and spectacular views of the Deschutes River.
Riverwalk Tours are presented by the Olympia Tumwater Foundation in partnership with the City of Tumwater. The guided walking tours cover Tumwater’s pioneer past, Olympia Brewing Company history and the annual salmon migration.
- Explore the Deschutes River canyon in a new and unique way.
- Discover why Tumwater became the first American settlement on Puget Sound and view historic remnants of the past industrial era.
- View how native salmon navigate past the falls.
- Learn how Olympia Brewing Company and the “It’s the Water” slogan became famous.
- Enjoy walking along scenic pathways with friends and family.
Tours are FREE to the public and limited to 30 people on a first-come, first served basis. No reservations are taken. The tour meeting takes place outside of the Olympia Tumwater Foundation office in Tumwater Falls Park. Click on our Events page for dates and times.
WHAT— Riverwalk Tours at Tumwater Falls Park
WHEN—Thursday, August 16, 5 p.m., Saturday, August 25, 12 p.m., Thursday, August 30, 5 p.m., Saturday, September 1, 12 p.m., Thursday, September 6, 5 p.m., Thursday, September 20, 5 p.m.
WHERE—Tumwater Falls Park, 110 Deschutes Way SW, Tumwater, WA 98501
COST—Free (donations are welcome!)
SPONSORED BY—Olympia Tumwater Foundation (www.olytumfoundation.org)
Our thanks to the City of Tumwater for their support.