Olympia Family Theater is thrilled to add an all-youth summer production to our education offerings! Summer Stage is an opportunity for young performers to participate in a full-length audition, rehearsal and performance process. Summer stage will focus on ensemble building, collaboration and inspiring a sense of confidence in the theater making process. This will be a fun filled 5-week rehearsal process culminating in two weekends of ticketed performances on the OFT Mainstage.
The Summer Stage program is open to youth age 10 to 17. Director Claribel Gross will cast up to 20 youth who will work together to bring a beloved children’s book to life.
This year’s Summer Stage production will be The Phantom Tollbooth, by Susan Nanus. In this all-youth production, audiences accompany Milo on his adventures. For Milo, everything’s a bore. When a tollbooth mysteriously appears in his room, he drives through only because he’s got nothing better to do. But on the other side, things seem different. Somewhere along the way, Milo realizes something astonishing. Life is far from dull. In fact, it’s exciting beyond his wildest dreams!
Summer Stage Auditions:
Saturday, April 20th 1-3pm
- Open to youth age 10 to 17 (must be 10 by first rehearsal)
- Audition appointments are not necessary.
- Please arrive a few minutes early to fill out audition sheet.
- Please arrive on time. We will play a warm-up game as a group and talk about the play.
- Please bring along your calendar and any conflicts (dates you are already unavailable).
- Please dress comfortably and be ready to move.
- No prepared monologue or resumes are necessary. For these auditions, we will read from sides.
- It will be helpful for you to read the book it is based on ahead of time.
- If you are unavailable on our audition date contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to schedule something else.
- OFT values inclusion and supports casting of all genders and ethnic backgrounds.
Summer Stage Rehearsals:
July 15th – Aug 15th, Monday through Thursdays only, 6:30-8:30 pm
Summer Stage Performances:
- Friday Aug 16th at 7 pm
- Saturday Aug 17th at 2pm
- Sunday Aug 18th at 2pm
- Friday Aug 23rd at 7 pm
- Saturday Aug 24th at 2pm
- Sunday Aug 25th at 2pm
SUMMER STAGE QUICK DETAILS
- PRODUCTION: The Phantom Tollbooth
- DIRECTOR: Claribel Gross
- Cast size: up to 20 youth actors
- Audition required on 4/20/19 1pm-3pm
- Tuition: Sliding scale $175-$275
- Casting announcements will be sent via email and registration will take place after casting is finalized
SLIDING SCALE TUITION FOR SUMMER STAGE: To make participation in Summer Stage more accessible, we are using sliding scale tuition. Participants self-select what they are able to pay between $175-275. Once cast, families choose the tuition level right for them.
SUMMER STAGE QUESTIONS?
Please contact OFT Education Director, Claribel Gross at email@example.com or call 360-570-1638.
OLYMPIA FAMILY THEATER CONTACT INFORMATION
Olympia Family Theater • 612 4th Ave E • Olympia, WA 98502