Olympia, WA, November 24, 2015 – Olympia Master Builders, the Thurston County Chamber of Commerce, and Hinkle Homes filed a lawsuit against Thurston County in Lewis County Superior Court. The lawsuit asks the court to direct Thurston County to stop its unlawful interim permitting process for land use applications located within the alleged habitat of the Mazama pocket gopher. The organizations also concurrently filed a related petition with the Western Washington Growth Management Hearings Board, requesting that the Board reject the County’s interim gopher habitat review process because it implicitly modifies Thurston County’s Critical Area Ordinance (CAO) without motion, resolution, or public participation, all in direct violation of Washington state’s Growth Management Act (GMA).
Follow the links below for information concerning the lawsuit and petition:
- Press Release: OMB and Thurston County Chamber Stand Up for Public Process
- Complaint to Lewis County Superior Court
- Petition for Review with the Growth Management Board
- Click here to find out if your parcel is affected by the unlawful 2015 Interim gopher review process.
- Thurston County Gopher Indicator Soils & Zoning Map