The Public is Encouraged to Take an Online Survey and Participate in Future Events
The progress to form Olympia’s Downtown Strategy continues. Citizens from around Thurston County are encouraged to participate. Several opportunities to learn more and give feedback are planned:
- An online survey is open now through July 24. The survey has to do with the design of places and spaces within Downtown. The design is about more than beauty; it influences human and environmental health, neighborhood social life, economic development, safety and security, and our quality of life. Survey responses will help us refine proposals for public evaluation in the fall. The survey takes about 15-20 minutes to complete and is available here.
- Open House, July 30. Drop by the Harbor House (on Percival Landing across from the Olympia Center) between 11 am–3 pm to learn more about the efforts taking shape to make Downtown a vibrant, inclusive, mixed-income urban neighborhood. Also, we’ll have our 3D viewshed analysis available for viewing.
- Workshop #3 has been rescheduled for September 17, 9:30 am at the Olympia Center. The theme isBalancing Priorities, and we’ll be discussing Downtown housing for all, business & retail enhancement and view protection.
- Questions? Comments? Email email@example.com
- Check out our website for prior online survey and workshop results, a Downtown market report and other information.
We are in stage four of a 5-stage process to form Olympia’s Downtown Strategy. The Downtown Strategy will identify what steps we take over the next 5-6 years to move our community’s vision and goals for Downtown forward. Learn more at olympiawa.gov/DTS.