The Center for Business & Innovation (CB&I) invites the community to a free * Business Resource Day and learning session on November 15, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. to noon. Learn how to tap into available resources to accelerate your business.
- 8:30 a.m. – 9 a.m. Check-In & Networking
- 9 a.m. Welcome by Kaylee Purcell, CB&I Director
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Keynote Address, Communication for Success, by Doric Olson from Thrive at Work. Do you struggle building trust between your staff and management? Could you benefit from better communication throughout your organization? Ever get stopped or tongue-tied asking for a big ask from someone either internally or externally? Learn how to become a more effective communicator. Learn how to build trust, collaborate and become a better listener.
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. –Breakout sessions
- Breakout 1: “Lending Panel – Your Financing Request has been approved!” – We have organized a fantastic panel of money lending experts for you! Learn what your business needs to be successful to secure financing. Not bank ready yet? Need start-up capital? No sweat- we have options! Learn what are looking for and bring your questions! This panel will include traditional banks and non-traditional funding sources.
- Breakout 2: “Own Your Voice, Own Your Power” – Hear the Washington Center for Women and Business share how you can speak up, gain confidence and own your voice and power as a business owner. Not all business owners enjoy public speaking, asking for things, and enrolling a team into their vision – these skills take time to develop! Learn how you can stand within your power and become more effective. Speaker Logan Reed brings more than 15 years of experience to this conversation and is a powerful coach.
- Breakout 3: “Natural and Financial Disaster Preparedness” The Small Business Development Center Director here at the Center for Business & Innovation, John Morosco, will teach this class to prepare you for whatever might strike next. What would you do if roads were closed down? What would happen if access to your office or place of business was shut down? How can you position yourself now for the next market downturn? Come learn how you can set yourself up for success by planning ahead of the next recession or natural disaster!
- Breakout 4: “The Future of Automation” Thurston EDC’s Research Manager, Gene Angel, will do a deep dive into the wave of new technology currently driving automation worldwide. What are the determinants of an occupation’s automation risk and what will the effect be on our regional economy. This presentation really gets you thinking about how businesses and staffing needs will adjust to the future demands of the economy. Learn about which sectors will be affected the most and how that will affect employment in the local economy.
- Breakout 5: “Intro to Government Contracting” Don’t know where to start to get into government contracting for your business? This class will lay the groundwork for you to decide if government contracting is in your future. Dale Colbert will be teaching this class and is a Washington Procurement Technical Assistant Center Government Contracting Specialist. Learn the ins and outs of setting your business up to be selected in the contracting process and where to find upcoming contracts in your industry!
- 11:45 a.m. – noon Networking and opportunity to sign up for additional classes and resources
WHO: Center for Business & Innovation
WHAT: Business Resource Day & Open House
WHEN: Friday, November 15, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. to noon
WHERE: CB&I, 4220 6th Ave SE, Lacey, WA 98503
REGISTER: *Event organizers request attendees RSVP here. $10 donation will to go toward the scholarship fund.