The Thurston County Chamber of Commerce
Serving Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater since 1874, the Thurston County Chamber of Commerce creates a positive climate for businesses to succeed through tireless advocacy of business interests. The Chamber’s commitment to regional planning, education, workforce development, community infrastructure and environmental stewardship helps create a vibrant community.
The VOICE MagazineClick here to check out the current issue of VOICE magazine!
Green BusinessClick here to learn about local businesses involved in environmental stewardship.
Drive Traffic To Your Business.
“There are two reasons why I am committed to Math for Life: One, I get to share with the students that math is something we use every day in our business. Two, Math for Life brings parents into our design studio.”
-Ross Irwin, Owner of Cabinets by Trivonna.
We would like to offer you the opportunity to assist area youth in understanding the importance of math and how it impacts them on a daily basis. Math For Life is a program in partnership with area school districts that provides you with that opportunity. For the past four years local Chamber Members have engaged students and family members in their place of business through the Chamber Foundation’s Math for Life Program. April is National Math Month and the program runs concurrently with most area spring break schedules, April 5th – 20th, 2014. Here’s how it works:
- Register your business to participate - your sponsorship fee goes to prizes for the participating students & promotion of the event.
- Students visit registered businesses, filling out their Math for Life map by answering grade appropriate math questions (provided by the Math for Life program), vying for prizes as they must visit at certain number of business to qualify.
- Students range from elementary school to high school with the majority of participants in middle school.
- Students are often accompanied by parents or other adults driving them around the community to participating businesses.
- Businesses get exposure by business walk-ins, promotional materials, and navigation tools.
- Businesses also get the satisfaction of supporting 1000+ participants, connecting with students and the local education community.
Click here for a 2013 Math for Life Map! - 2014 map to be announced
To participate, contact the Chamber, 360.357.3362.
4th Dimension Computers & Technology
All Insurance Inc.
Altman Insurance Agency
Anchor Bank – Lacey
Anchor Bank – West Olympia
Cabinets by Trivonna
Claws and Paws Pets
Clear View Auto & Window Glass
The Creative Office
Diamond Technologies Innovations, DTI
Eagle Home Mortgage
Earth Friendly Products
Edward Jones - Dirk Farrar
Express Employment Professionals
Hometown Property Management
Kumon Math and Reading Center of Lacey
Olympia Federal Savings – Yelm Highway
Olympia Orthopaedic Associates
Paramount Martial Arts
Physicians of Southwest Washington
Puget Sound Energy
South Sound Champions Center
TAGS Awards and Specialties
Thurston County Chamber of Commerce
Twin Star Credit Union
U.S. Martial Arts Center
Wally’s Sandwich Bar
Washington Business Bank
Washington Center of Preforming Arts
WET Science Center
Worth Law Group